Sustainable Transport Project in Egypt is delighted to announce the next rounds of training sessions for Physical Planning engineers of governorates' capitals and new cities on "Requirements of Transport Infrastructure for Sustainable Development."
The second round of training will be held on 13th and 14th March, addressing young urban planners in the cities of Alexandria, New Borg AL-Arab, New Nubareya, Marsa Matruh, Damanhur, Kafr El-Sheikh, Damietta, New Damietta, Tanta, Mahalla El-Kubra, and Six of October.
The third training will target 20 young engineers from Port Said, Ismailia, Suez, Hurghada, Arish, AL-Tor, Zagazig, 10th of Ramadan, El-Mansoura, and Banha. This session will be held on 22nd and 23rd of March.
On 27th and 28th of March, the forth training course will be held for engineers from the cities of Bani Sueif, New Bani Suief, Menia, New Menia, Assuit, Sohag, Qena, Luxor, Aswan and New Valley.
The training courses are developed by the experts and professors of the Development Research and Technological Planning Center (DRTPC), in Cairo University and designed to enhance the awareness and capacity of local professionals on different aspects of sustainable transport and strengthen the institutional basis to promote sustainable transport. Young engineers, recent graduates or those with maximum 10 years of experience, are the target of this training.
The lectures will deal with the following subjects:
- Defining sustainable development& evolution of the concept
- Features of sustainable transport
- Land Use/Transport interaction
- UN-HABITAT GRHS-2013 Report:”Planning & Design for Sustainable Urban Mobility, October 2103”
- Principles of calculation of GHG & pollution emissions from road traffic
- NMT facilities upgrading (surveys & data)
- NMT facilities upgrading (design & implementation warrants)
- Examples on bad Land Use /Transport integration in cities
- Examples on good Land Use /Transport integration in cities
Meanwhile, the first round of the training was held on 26-27 January, 2016 in the DRTPC, where the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds will be organized.